This 18.1-mile trail is semi-maintained which makes for a ride that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Ride with us to experience breathtaking views of the Secret Mountain Wilderness area.
Availability: Daily at 8:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Distance: 32 miles
Duration: 3.5 hours
- From :
- $ 400
Travel with the Best to the Monuments of Sedona!
This 32-mile round trip loop starts and ends with a drop-off in Jerome, Arizona next to the Gold King Mine.
Feel like you’ve been transported back in time as you traverse this unique terrain. Perkinsville was named for a gentleman named A.M. Perkins who established a cattle ranch at this outpost at the turn of the 20th century. William Clark built a railroad to Perkinsville to access a limestone quarry for producing lime used as flux in the Clarkdale smelter. In its heyday, you could find a small school, general store, section house and post office in Perkinsville that serviced 10 to 12 large families. In the 1960s Perkinsville was the shooting location for the critically acclaimed western movie “How the West Was Won,” starring John Wayne, Gregory Peck, Brigid Bazlan, Debbie Reynolds, and James Stewart.
- We arrange transportation to and from your hotel to the drop-off point on the day of your excursion
- Ages 21+ to secure reservation
- Ages 16+ to drive with valid ID
Discover the wild west with us!
- Valid ID
- Close-toed shoes
- Comfortable hiking clothes
This all-inclusive excursion includes a 3.5-hour, half-day RZR Rental (seats 4), pick-up and drop-off within a 20-mile radius (of Cottonwood, AZ), fuel for the RZR, water, and a light snack for your excursion.
- Drivers must be 16 years of age with valid ID
- Individual securing the reservation must be 21 years of age
- Credit card must be used to secure reservation and is charged at the time of booking
- Goggles are available for rental